- Quantify the energetic response of the upper ocean to atmospheric storms.
- Numerical models.
- Moorings – unique technology.
- Numerical modelling and observations will be tightly linked.
- Study of atmospheric reanalysis products combined with ocean response.
- Models typically miss an important sink of energy – namely downward energy flux carried by near-inertial waves.
- Characterize upper ocean variability in response to storms.
- Quantify mesoscale 2D circulation.
- Extension of OSE parameter regime. Also new, improved tools.
- Model/data validation will lead to model concrete improvements.
- Improved ability to inform real world operations – ship operations, commerce, submarine surfacing, et cetera.